New Instafeed widget lets you display recent Instagram feed by specifying a username or by typing a tag and it will automatically be streaming photos from Instagram to your WordPress site. To start simply install and activate Instafeed plugin then visit your admin area Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets page, drag its widget to sidebar and configure it by entering a username or tag.
So what features are packed in Instafeed Widget:
- No separate page for configuration settings, only a widget.
- The widget is really easy to configure, doesn’t requires any OAuth and works on HTTPS.
- No CSS provided (yet). Do what you want, create a slider, lightbox gallery, whatever.
- Optimized for full page caching. Widget content is fetched via an AJAX GET request for easy cache tuning.
- Results from Instagram is cached on server for fast loading and results from server is cached in browser for super-fast loading (and less stress on server) on repeated/multiple page views.
- i18n ready. POT file and nb_NO translation included.