In the previous lesson, you learned about installing and configuring Nginx on your dedicated server. Now this lesson is on installing SSL and other standard certificates.
The first thing you need to do is get an SSL certificate from Sangkrit.net, once you subscribe to it and your certificate request is approved just download it to install those files on your dedicated server.
To download and install your certificate files follow these steps:
- Visit your Sangkrit.net product page
- Select SSL Certificates
- Select Manage next to the certificate you need to download
- Select a Server type
- Click the Download Zip File option
- Your certificate would start downloading now.
- Copy the SSL certificate file and the certificate bundle file to the Nginx server
- You already have a key file on the server which you got when you generated your certificate request.
- Now edit your Nginx configuration to reference these files
Your certificate is installed now. Remember, the actual configuration file you edit depends on your version of Nginx, your OS platform, or the method you are using to install Nginx.