The dedicated servers at SANGKRIT.net offer you the option to configure your object caching system in the way that suits you best.
The lesson will guide you on how and why configuring Memcached PHP Libraries on your Linux-based dedicated server benefits you.
Memcached is one free object caching system that can be installed on your server for improving the performance of your website. It only works when you install the daemon, install the PHP libraries and configure your PHP application correctly.
You can easily do all that by following these steps:
- Login to your SANGKRIT.net account
- Visit your My Products page
- Click the Servers option
- Click Manage
- Open WHM
Next, on the WHM panel follow these steps:
- From the Software section on the left, select EasyApache 4
- Click the Customize button present in the Currently Installed Packages section.
- Click PHP Libraries on the left
- Type Memcached in the search box
- Click the button to install Memcached on the desired versions of PHP
- Click the Review button on the left,
- Click the Provision button at the bottom of the page
The installation should be complete now.
Apart from this, you should also know that the same modules can also be installed with yum in SSH. But be very conscious about the naming convention i.e. ea-php72-php-memcached. It must be installed on each version of PHP.
The next coming lesson will help you in the process of installing and managing the Memcached Daemon.