You can manually select images from media library or upload them from your computer, add links to them and slide them on a sidebar widget with JQuery effect.
First install and activate Image Rotator Widget in your WordPress site then follow the given steps:
- Visit admin area Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets page and drag ‘Image Rotator Widget’ to a widget area.
- Choose Transition Type, Transition Speed, Link Attribute (do-follow or no-follow), Link Target (Open link in new window or not)
- Now click + button and select or upload images. It uses same old WordPress media uploader
- You can add custom links to your images from ‘ATTACHMENT DISPLAY SETTINGS’ it shows up when an image file is uploaded in WordPress Media Uploader thickbox.
- Click the insert button and your image will be added and visible in the widget
- You can remove images from widget by clicking the – button.
- Finally click widget’s ‘Save’ button (View Screenshots)
- Use the WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader to upload or select images
- Make images click through to a link
- Choose from three different smooth transitions
- Set a transition speed
- Drag & drop to order images in whichever way you like
- Use the Image Rotator Widget multiple times on the same page
- Widgetized, so you can rotate your images anywhere
- Works with modern versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE