If you like writing long articles with multiple headings, ONet Auto Headline Anchor will allows you to add a link next to your headings so that your readers can easily share posts pointing to specific parts, you might have noticed this feature in GitHub and on some websites running on Mediawiki. The feature is also loaded with a smooth scroll script.
Install and activate ONet Auto Headline Anchor then follow the given steps:
- Upon activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading
- Scroll down to ONet Auto Headline Anchor settings section and select your settings
- It allows you to set the options like Enable parse, Choose Linkify style, Linkify style, Smooth scroll, Use cache, Select Tags to parse from H1 to H6, Add support for posts & pages
Also you can get a TOC of content by using ONetAutoHeadlineAnchor::get_toc([content],[optional: return hierarchical or raw list]).
The plugin contains a predefined style for Git-like link display but it is hardly recommend to change the style to fit your needs (and your design).
You can improve your WordPress site pagination by adding enabling extra input number that simply allows users to jump to any (x) page. There are various pagination plugins that changes default ‘Older Posts’ & ‘Newer Posts’ option to page number, now this tutorial explains you to add one extra function that enables users to jump to some page number directly.
Continue reading Improve WordPress Pagination With Extra Input (Jump To) Number
You can fetch yours or someone else’s YouTube video (uploads or favorites) from YouTube channels to create beautiful albums with retrieved info into your WordPress site. Srizon Responsive Youtube Album is the new WordPress plugin by srizon.com. Using this new plugin you can create video albums, the play video on a responsive lightbox, you can add as many albums as you want and display them using shortcodes which are generated automatically, you can copy/paste them into your blog post, page or any other custom post type etc.
Install and activate Srizon Responsive Youtube Album. Upon activation the plugin adds a new menu ‘YouTube Album’ in WordPress admin area. Follow the given steps:
- From Dashboard -> YouTube Albums menu click on the Albums submenu
- Click “Add New” button to add a new album. (or click on an existing album title to edit that)
- Fill-up or modify the form and save that
- Your albums will be listed along with the shortcodes. Use the shortcodes into your page/post to show the video album
- Try out different options to suit your need
Thumb with description layout – wide view
Thumb Grid layout – wide view
Video in responsive lightbox – wide view
Video in responsive lightbox – small screen
Thumb Grid layout – small screen
Admin View – Adding album – basic
Admin View – Adding album – layout related options
Admin View – Album list with shortcodes
There is also a pro version of this plugin having following more features:
- you can sync as many videos as you want (assuming that your connection and server’s memory can handle the data)
- playlist is also supported besides channel uploads and favorites
- 3 layouts available (one additional responsive slider besides 2 free layouts)
- pagination is available for 2 layouts
FavHero – Favicon Generator is a quick one-click favicon generator for WordPress sites. With this new plugin you can instantly in just one click generate favion from any image you have in your WordPress media library. Install and activate FavHero – Favicon Generator plugin, after activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> FavHero Favicons page, click ‘Select Faviocn‘ button to select an image from your media library to make it your website’s favicon. Also you can upload any image from your local hardrive and make it your site’s favicon.
Continue reading Generate Favicon From Any Image In One Click From WordPress Admin Section
Jetpack is a popular WordPress plugin that provides you a package of various cool features designed by WordPress.Com. This tutorial is on new WordPress plugin that installs only sharing module of Jetpack into your WordPress site. Useful for the users interested in only sharing feature of Jetpack, now there is no need of installing whole package.
Jetpack Sharing is the new WordPress plugin by Anas H. Sulaiman. The plugin contains Jetpack’s sharing module and activates it in your WordPress site. Simply install and activate it the visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Sharing page and set the options.
Features: All what you get in Official Jetpack’s Sharing Module:
- Choose social networks buttons you’d like to add.
- Drag and drop style for button selection.
- Hide some buttons behind a share button.
- Add your own custom buttons.
- Choose from 4 different buttons styles: icon only, text only, icon + text, or official buttons.
- Custom sharing label. (displayed next to sharing buttons)
- Open links in the same window, or in a new one.
- Choose where the buttons show up.
- Preview how the buttons will be appear on your website, right from the settings page.