WordPress automatically sends email to your users on various occasions. Like it sends email when a comment is replied, on user registration, private messages, password reset etc.
This lesson is about adding a custom signature line after every email sent automatically to your users from your WordPress website.
Continue reading How Add Signature On Auto-sent WordPress Emails?
You can set WordPress to automatically rename images and other media files on upload in order to better your SEO. Images can be automatically renamed on the basis of post title, site URL and more.
Continue reading How To Auto Rename Images On Upload In WordPress?
Continue reading How To Use Google AJAX Libraries CDN To Speedup WordPress?
You can easily clone existing WordPress websites to completely new ones in just a few seconds with all content, theme option and plugin configurations etc.
Continue reading How To Clone WordPress Websites In Multisite Network?
You can turn any simple WordPress page into a Resume Page by using the new easy WordPress plugin called Resume Page. The plugin provides you all inbuilt basics for all what a resume page needs. The plugin follows traditional resume layout and is completely customizable with in-built design options and also you can add your custom CSS.
It provides you power to turn any page of your website into a different resume page. It also has a smart templating feature that enables developers to easily override the template simply by dropping it into child theme.
Resume Page with stacked corners.
Resume page with flat view and background image
Github and Portfolio integration
How to use Resume Page Plugin?
Install and activate Resume Page. Upon activation the plugin automatically adds various metaboxes in Add New/Edit Pages. For creating a new resume page all you have to do is create a new page from Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New and tick ‘Make this page a Resume Page’ option in Resume Page metabox, you can also select your resume page theme, layout and manage its sections right from the page admin section.
See it live working here.
- Portfolio:Integrated lightbox portfolio
- Github: Integrated Github activity stream
- Themes: Choose from a flat setup or stacked paper corners with CSS3
- Reusable: Use it on every page of your site and each resume can be completely different
- Templating: Themers can copy the template from /templates/resume-page-template.php into a child theme and mod away safely
If you like writing long articles with multiple headings, ONet Auto Headline Anchor will allows you to add a link next to your headings so that your readers can easily share posts pointing to specific parts, you might have noticed this feature in GitHub and on some websites running on Mediawiki. The feature is also loaded with a smooth scroll script.
Install and activate ONet Auto Headline Anchor then follow the given steps:
- Upon activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading
- Scroll down to ONet Auto Headline Anchor settings section and select your settings
- It allows you to set the options like Enable parse, Choose Linkify style, Linkify style, Smooth scroll, Use cache, Select Tags to parse from H1 to H6, Add support for posts & pages
Also you can get a TOC of content by using ONetAutoHeadlineAnchor::get_toc([content],[optional: return hierarchical or raw list]).
The plugin contains a predefined style for Git-like link display but it is hardly recommend to change the style to fit your needs (and your design).
You can improve your WordPress site pagination by adding enabling extra input number that simply allows users to jump to any (x) page. There are various pagination plugins that changes default ‘Older Posts’ & ‘Newer Posts’ option to page number, now this tutorial explains you to add one extra function that enables users to jump to some page number directly.
Continue reading Improve WordPress Pagination With Extra Input (Jump To) Number
You can fetch yours or someone else’s YouTube video (uploads or favorites) from YouTube channels to create beautiful albums with retrieved info into your WordPress site. Srizon Responsive Youtube Album is the new WordPress plugin by srizon.com. Using this new plugin you can create video albums, the play video on a responsive lightbox, you can add as many albums as you want and display them using shortcodes which are generated automatically, you can copy/paste them into your blog post, page or any other custom post type etc.
Install and activate Srizon Responsive Youtube Album. Upon activation the plugin adds a new menu ‘YouTube Album’ in WordPress admin area. Follow the given steps:
- From Dashboard -> YouTube Albums menu click on the Albums submenu
- Click “Add New” button to add a new album. (or click on an existing album title to edit that)
- Fill-up or modify the form and save that
- Your albums will be listed along with the shortcodes. Use the shortcodes into your page/post to show the video album
- Try out different options to suit your need
Thumb with description layout – wide view
Thumb Grid layout – wide view
Video in responsive lightbox – wide view
Video in responsive lightbox – small screen
Thumb Grid layout – small screen
Admin View – Adding album – basic
Admin View – Adding album – layout related options
Admin View – Album list with shortcodes
There is also a pro version of this plugin having following more features:
- you can sync as many videos as you want (assuming that your connection and server’s memory can handle the data)
- playlist is also supported besides channel uploads and favorites
- 3 layouts available (one additional responsive slider besides 2 free layouts)
- pagination is available for 2 layouts
FavHero – Favicon Generator is a quick one-click favicon generator for WordPress sites. With this new plugin you can instantly in just one click generate favion from any image you have in your WordPress media library. Install and activate FavHero – Favicon Generator plugin, after activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> FavHero Favicons page, click ‘Select Faviocn‘ button to select an image from your media library to make it your website’s favicon. Also you can upload any image from your local hardrive and make it your site’s favicon.
Continue reading Generate Favicon From Any Image In One Click From WordPress Admin Section
Jetpack is a popular WordPress plugin that provides you a package of various cool features designed by WordPress.Com. This tutorial is on new WordPress plugin that installs only sharing module of Jetpack into your WordPress site. Useful for the users interested in only sharing feature of Jetpack, now there is no need of installing whole package.
Jetpack Sharing is the new WordPress plugin by Anas H. Sulaiman. The plugin contains Jetpack’s sharing module and activates it in your WordPress site. Simply install and activate it the visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Sharing page and set the options.
Features: All what you get in Official Jetpack’s Sharing Module:
- Choose social networks buttons you’d like to add.
- Drag and drop style for button selection.
- Hide some buttons behind a share button.
- Add your own custom buttons.
- Choose from 4 different buttons styles: icon only, text only, icon + text, or official buttons.
- Custom sharing label. (displayed next to sharing buttons)
- Open links in the same window, or in a new one.
- Choose where the buttons show up.
- Preview how the buttons will be appear on your website, right from the settings page.
You can disable your website comments by referers which means you can ban visitors from some websites from viewing or adding comments to your website’s posts, pages etc.
How to disable comments by referer?
Disable Comments By Referer is the new WordPress plugin that lets you selectively disable comments for visitors coming from certain websites (e.g. reddit).
Install and activate the plugin then follow the given steps:
- Upon activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Discussion page
- Scroll down to ‘Referer Blacklist for Comments’ section (added at the very bottom of the page).
- Type the a comma-separated bare hostnames, (ex:
www.reddit.com, news.ycombinator.com.) in the given text area as shown in following given screenshot:
That’s all. Save your settings and you are done. How it works?
If a visitor’s HTTP referer matches to one of the hosts you’ve blacklisted then the your post will look like as comments have been disabled on your website, neither existing comments nor the new comment form is displayed.
You can very easily show or hide on your WordPress site post, page or any other custom post type etc on per post basis. You can decide on what post/page you like to show title and on what post/page you like to hide. This way you can hide selected post/page titles on single pages. Hide Title is a handy WordPress plugin that allows you to do so. [Also read: Hiding Selective Widgets Title]
So first install and activate Hide Title plugin. Upon activation the plugin automatically adds Hide Title meta box on edit content page. Now what you have to do is tick the checkbox for showing/hiding title in single i.e. pages.
Title on archive pages show as it is but when the title is clicked and single page is opened, the title goes off itself. The plugin doesn’t disturbs your old posts, pages etc. By default ‘Hide the title on singular page views’ option is unchecked.