Governments all over the world are trying to censor Internet. They are seeking ways to limit free speech by blocking content on the web. Here using RePress you will learn to get those websites online again for you and the world without any hassle. Your website will become a proxy for the blocked website, rerouting any traffic from a user, through your website to the blocked site.
Although there are already many proxy websites providing access to blocked content but you may have your own proxy website if you don’t want to submit your details to other website.
For example: When you login to a blocked website from a proxy; your details are submitted there so if you respect your privacy then you may own your own proxy.
Follow these steps:
- Visit your WordPress Dashboard.
- Move to Plugins >> Add New
- Search RePress >> Click Install >> Click Activate.
- Now visit Settings >> RePress
- Add the Domain names you would like to access.
- Your Proxy Server is ready now.
Use PictoBrowser for embedding your Flickr – Picasa Photos in your website.
What is a PictoBrowser?
PictoBrowser a free web application that displays Flickr and Picasa images on websites and blogs.
How to get a PictoBrowser?
- Visit here
- If this link doesn’t work then visit http://pictobrowser.com/
- Click PictoBuilder at the top left corner of the page.
- Enter your Flickr/Picasa username.
- Choose images.
- Set Tag or Groups.
- It outputs some HTML code
- Copy that HTML code and paste it in your website or blog.
- If you use WordPress then you may paste it inside your posts and pages.
You may try this plugin also Custom fields shortcode. Although this plugin hasn’t been updated in over 2 years but it works good without showing any error in my blog.
Use [cf] shortcode in your post content to show the custom field value without editing any of your WordPress theme files.
For Example: [cf] FieldName[/cf] returns value of ‘FieldName’ custom-filed.
Check similar plugins here.