Organizing and presenting your WordPress blog posts as part of some series make it easier for other readers to discover other similar posts. Like you can use post series for writing a long story into parts or whatever. Organize Series plugin activates a new taxonomy (like categories) for your posts.
Install and activate the plugin then follow the given steps:
- Navigate to your Dashboard -> Posts -> Manage Series and create your own series just like you create new categories.
- Now while creating new posts or editing old ones you can easily assign them to some series right from the post’s edit page.
- You can create new post series
- You can assign both new and old posts to series
- Displays all series information in Dashboard’s Right Now widget.
- Provides you sidebar customizable sidebar widgets for series
- Clicking the name of series directs you to auto generated TOC for all posts in that series, just like categories.
View its documentation here.
Here are some good WordPress feed and email newsletter subscription plugins that satisfy all basic feed demands of both beginner and professional bloggers.
Continue reading Few Good WordPress Feed Plugins You Might Be Looking For
Now you know how to create custom post types and custom taxonomies in WordPress, here comes another problem of displaying custom post types and taxonomies on sidebar or any other widget area so that your visitors can easily know about them.
Continue reading How To Display WordPress Custom Post Types And Taxonomies Using Sidebar Widget ?
Organize your WordPress Media Library items in a better way by assigning a category to each item. Media Categories, a WordPress plugin allows you to easily assign categories to your site’s media files using a clean, simple, and searchable category meta box. Then you can use shortcode for displaying media category galleries.
Continue reading How To Assign Categories To Each Item In WordPress Media Library ?