Joomla is a free and open source content management and portal application you can easily install in your SANGKRIT.net hosting account. In 2005, Joomla forked from Mambo and today is a widely used used application having been downloaded more over 25 million times.
In this tutorial we will be showing you how you can easily install Joomla and start a website with it using your SANGKRIT.net hosting account.
How To Install Joomla?
Select Application Browser tab:
Scroll down to ‘Apps for Content Management’ section and click ‘Joomla’.
Clicking ‘Joomla’ opens up it installation page showing you details and features of a Joomla based website. From here you can take application demo, check other websites using the same application etc.
To start Joomla installation process, click ‘+install this application‘ button.
This asks you to select a domain/subdomain/directory for installing your new Joomla website. If you are already running a website on your main domain then you can either go for a subdomain or use a subdirectry for installation.
Scroll down to ‘Settings’ section and type in your new website a username, password, admin email and then click ‘Install’ button.
It takes a few seconds and then provides you your new website address & admin section URL from where you can login and start managing your Joomla website.
Joomla is an award-winning content management system. It is used by individuals, small and medium-sized businesses and organizations globally. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla a popular website software available.
- Multi-user functionality enables different users to have different levels of access.
- Media Manager enables easy management of media files and folders stored online.
- Banner Management makes setting up advertisements on a website a breeze.
- Contact Manager helps users find the right person and their contact information.
- Polls and Surveys gather data from website visitors.
- Search helps visitors navigate content and provides search statistics.
- Web Link Management enables every click to be organized and tracked.
- Content Management tools enable website content to be organized in any way.
- Syndication and Newsfeed Management enables visitors to subscribe to your website using their favorite RSS reader.
- Menu Manager enables as many menus and menu items to be created as necessary.
- Template Management is a powerful tool that enables a site to look exactly as intended.
- Integrated Help System assists you at every step of creating your website.
- Joomla! is infinitely extendable using the Joomla! extension manager.