Search in Place is a cool WordPress plugin that improves your website search by showing up search query results in real time. The plugin uses AJAX and displays results dynamically as soon you enter the search criteria. Also it groups search results by post type (post, page, attachment) and allows you to limit the number of elements in the dynamic search results. It also offers a different navigation option on the website.
Installation & Usage: Install and activate Search in Place. After activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Search in Place page and select your options like:
- Mumber of posts to display
- Minimum of characters number for start the search
- Select the date format
- Number of characters for posts’ summaries
- Set Search Box Design like Background color, Border color, Label text color, Label text shadow, Label background color, Background color of active item.
- Enable search in Posts/Pages common data (title, content) and Posts/Pages metadata (additional data of articles). Also select Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
- You can set search page to Highlight the terms in result and Identify the posts type in search result and more.
The base plugin is free and you can download it from the WordPress plugin repository.
But it also provides you a premium version with following more features.
- Allows highlight the criteria for searching in results;
- Allows the searching in metadata and taxonomies associated to the post, page or custom post type;
- Allows to define additional post_types to be considered for searching;
- Includes the integration with popular plugins like: WooCommerce, WP e-Commerce,Jigoshop, Ready! Ecommerce Shopping Cart and more
- Include labels in the search results page
- Allows to customize the box colors