WooCommerce, the popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress can be used for showcasing your products and services in a catalog mode.
Also, read – How To Start An E-commerce Store With WooCommerce?
Reasons for using WooCommerce as catalog may be a thousand and some themes provide you a built-in option for this. If you have no such option in your theme then you can make use of YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugin.
Simply install-activate the plugin in your WordPress WooCommerce website then navigate to YIT Plugins -> Catalog Mode page from your WordPress admin panel to hide “Add to cart” button on products and archive pages.
The free features of the plugin include:
- Enable/disable Catalog Mode
- Choose if an admin sees the store as catalog
- Hide “Add to Cart” button in WooCommerce product detail page
- Hide “Add to Cart” button in the other pages of the website
- Hide WooCommerce “Cart” and “Checkout” pages and any reference to them
The plugin can also be used as an add-on feature to YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote that lets your customers ask for an estimate for a list of products they are interested in.