There are many different themes that automatically makes the frontend of your WordPress site mobile compatible but the problem comes with backend i.e., while accessing admin area dashboard from a smartphone device. This tutorial is on a simple plugin called Juiz Smart Mobile Admin, it offers you a smartphone support for your admin area dashboard.
The plugin is Officialy tested on:
- iPhone 3GS iOS5 Safari
- iPhone 3GS iOS5 Opera Mini
- Galaxy Nexus Android ics 4.0.2 native browser (Thanks Stéphanie for tests)
- Android 2.3 CyanogenMod 7 (Thanks Stéphanie for tests)
- Android 2.1 Firefox (Thanks Spf for tests)
- Cyanogen 7.1 Firefox (Thanks à Spf for tests)
A few of its useful features are:
- Translation ready (EN, FR and ES already supported)
- Others translation : LT (Lithuanian – by Vincent G from Host1Free)
- Can zoom in a specific area (iPhone and iPod tested).
- Jump links (from footer to content, from content to menu).
- Automatic slide in the content when you click in a menu item.
- Auto-hide Safari iPhone (iOS<5) URL bar.
- Improvement of tables display
- Admin bar support (option for shortcuts plugin)
- Other goodies…