If you are looking for starting a Resume site or your want to allow Resume information in your WordPress site then this tutorial is for you. WP Resume is a free WordPress plugin by Benbalter that simply uses custom post types for creating resume right from your website.
Using WP Resume you can add positions, manage sections, organisations, add various fields and much more. Simply install and activate then start adding and managing resumes from Dashboard -> Resume page. Here’s an example of resume created via this plugin, you can create your pages in your style:
WP Resume Plugin Features:
- Easy to install and use.
- Extremely original title
- Support for different sections.
- Good resume layout and design.
- Includes auto save revisions feature.
- Supports WYSIWYG editing experience.
- Use drag-drop for ordering resume elements
- Doesn’t use pretentious accents on the word “resume”
- Can output as plain text copy-pasting to job applications etc.
- Supports multiple resumes on the same page or on their own.
- Outputs in hResume compatible format using HTMl5 semantic tags
- Translation supports for languages: Spanish, Portuguese (BR), and French.
- Easily integrates with your Website theme (via a shortcode) like they were made for each other
If you are running a BuddyPress powered network then read this tutorial for allowing your site members to add Resume information on their profile pages.