When switching to a new web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome you are automatically prompt to import your old browser’s bookmarks, history and other data to your new web browser.
In this lesson you will learn about importing your old browser’s data and bookmarks easily to your new web browser.
Importing Firefox Data & Settings To Google Chrome
When you first download Google Chrome and install it on your device, your personal data such as your browsing history and homepage is automatically imported from your default web browser into Google Chrome.
For importing additional settings like bookmarks, search engines, and saved passwords or settings from another browser, you do require following these steps:
- Close any other browsers that are open.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Bookmarks.
- Click Import bookmark and settings.
- In the “Import bookmarks and settings” dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you’d like to import.
- Click Import.
Importing Google Chrome Data & Settings To Firefox
When you first install and Mozilla Firefox on your device, it shows you the option to import old browser’s bookmarks and other data.
In-case if you have missed that dialog box then follow the given steps:
- Click Bookmarks button
- Select Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.
- Click Import and Backup and choose Import Data from Another Browser.
- Select your old browser and continue with import wizard
It takes a few seconds and then imports all data, cookies, history and bookmarks.