The most valuable asset any new startup idea has is its secrets, whether that’s an algorithm or app code. Here, a non-disclosure agreement is one thing that could be protecting you or some other entity when you are founding your business online.
What is NDA, Nondisclosure Agreement?
A nondisclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement, or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties. It is made in order to keep a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information.
In simple words it is an agreement between two parties to keep ideas confidential and private. This lesson is about the popular web services that lets you generate NDA i.e. Non Disclosure Agreement online free of cost.
How to Generate an NDA Online?
OurNDA is an online service to generate NDA in a matter of few minutes. Simply visit the website home page and click ‘Create Your NDA’ button. It takes you through three steps:
- Prepare your NDA
- Finalize your agreement
- Start working on that deal
In the first step, you are asked to enter your name, e-mail address and few pieces of information about your NDA into the web form and then press ‘Next Step’.
Now you will be shown a preview of your document. Take a close look to make sure all of the details are correct. If you feel like editing anything out, simply click the ‘Back’ link and fix it.
After you are satisfied with the agreement press the ‘Finalize & Download’ button and the agreement will be downloaded to your computer, also sent to you via email.
That’s all. You are done with all important steps of generating NDA. Now the time is to get down to business.
Other similar services which you can use to generate free NDA online are: NDA Maker by easy river where a Non Disclosure agreement is designed to allow sensitive business materials to be shared with other business’s and people. The NDA as it’s called would be filled out and signed by the contractor or company you are sharing trade secrets or processes with. Now if you need more then 3-5 disclaimers a month then you are asked to consider their paid services
NDA for Free is another web service that provides you multiple NDA types to select and generate from, whether you’re an inventor getting ready to pitch a licensee, an attorney in need of a reliable software beta agreement, or a business person seeking to protect your trade secrets, you’ll find the NDA you need on their website.
Their NDA options include:
- Basic Nondisclosure – For people disclosing secrets to a contractor, a potential investor, or a prospective business partner.
- Employee Nondisclosure – Makes clear to an employee that he may not disclose your trade secrets without permission
- Nondisclosure Agreement for Business Negotiations – For instance, merger or investment discussions, negotiations about joint ventures or talks with consultants or potential licensees.
- Visitor Nondisclosure Agreement – If visitors to your company have access to your trade secrets, you may ask them to sign this type of NDA.
- Job Interview Nondisclosure Agreement – You may have applicants for sensitive positions sign this kind of agreement at the beginning of a job interview etc.
- Software Beta Tester Nondisclosure Agreement – If you develop software (including Web applications) and give beta versions to outside testers, this NDA might be useful for you. Additionally you may have a Code Signing Certificate, it shows your customers they can trust your code by securing it with a unique digital signature.
- Student Nondisclosure Agreement – Can be used by universities, colleges, research labs etc who don’t want to reveal something or whatever.
- Customer List/Mailing List Nondisclosure Agreement – In order to protect customer list, emailing lists and similar databases from social ninjas and internet marketing experts.
NDA Generator by FormSwift allows you to generate Non Disclosure Agreement in less than 5 minutes, legally binding in all 50 states. Start by visiting the website’s page by clicking the link given above, select your state and click ‘Create Agreement’ button. Now this will take you to the step by step on screen process of generating your own customized non disclosure agreement.
Free NDA maker by Ocean’s Agency allows you to generate NDA in less than 30 seconds simply by entering the name, title and company of the two parties.
So these were some of the best online services, as for now, to generate free NDAs online without hiring any expert, lawyer etc. You should also know that a non-disclosure agreement is of two types, may be unilateral or bilateral, that is, it may bind only one party or multiple parties; typically two.
A unilateral, or a one-way, agreement is where one party wants to disclose certain information to another party but needs the information to remain secret for some reason, perhaps due to secrecy requirements required to satisfy patent laws or to make sure that the other party does not take and use the disclosed information without compensating the discloser.
Whereas a bilateral, or mutual, agreement is where both parties will be supplying information that is intended to remain secret. This type of agreement is common when businesses are considering some kind of joint venture or merger.
A nondisclosure agreement can protect any type of information that is not generally known.
In California (and some other states), there are some special circumstances relating to non-disclosure agreements and non-compete clauses. California’s courts and legislature have signaled that they generally value an employee’s mobility and entrepreneurship more highly than they do protectionist doctrine. And in India, use of non-disclosure agreements is governed by the Indian Contract Act 1872. An NDA must be stamped to be a valid enforceable document.
Since SANGKRIT.net doesn’t force any subscription to let you read so voluntarily http://paypal.me/sangkrit your contribution to let us continue publishing like that.