Jonradio Multiple Theme is a plugin that allows you to activate different themes on various posts, pages, post types, URL routes etc of your WordPress site.
Plugin works same as advertised but one common problem any user experiences is changing theme options of specific themes activated on various sections of your WordPress site.
In this lesson you will learn how to change theme options like theme customization, widgets and menus etc when using jonradio Multiple Themes plugin in your WordPress site.
There is no built-in functionality for changing theme options with jonradio Multiple Themes plugin but there are some tricks suggested by the plugin developer for doing so.
There are two methods:
- Using live preview method
- Using theme test drive method.
- Visit your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Themes screen.
- Live preview the theme you wish to change.
- Using left sidebar you can customize theme options. Note that Navigation only appears when a menu is set from Appearance -> Menus page.
- Click Save & Activate button.
- Visit immediately to Appearance -> Themes and reactivate previously active theme by clicking ‘Activate’ button.
- First deactivate the jonradio Multiple Themes plugin.
- Now install and activate the Theme Test Drive plugin.
- Visit your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Theme Test Drive.
- From usage section, select the theme you want to customize options for.
- Use ‘Enable Theme Drive’ button present at the bottom of admin panel.
- Make changes to theme options. You can change Widgets, Sidebars, Menus, Background, Header and other Customizations.
- You can do same for changing theme options for other WordPress themes
- Deactivate ‘Theme Test Drive’ plugin.
- Now activate jonradio Multiple Themes plugin.
- Both the alternate and active theme should now display all configured theme options.