I just noticed that Facebook removed the home page ticker but some of subscribers of mine are telling that it is still visible on their home page. I just figured out that many others are also experiencing the same as many stories are appearing on Twitter (check latest ones here and here) about the vanished Facebook Ticker. Some are telling it would be back soon like Randy Hamilton. Some are telling that Ticker is back again etc. etc. But it is still not visible on my Facebook home page.
What is a Facebook Ticker?
Facebook Ticker shows you the things in real time.
Features of Facebook Ticker:
It keeps up with the latest news as it happens
You can listen to music with your friends
You can hover (or click) over a story to join the conversation
Ticker shows live happening stories like status updates, friendships, photos, videos, links, likes and comments. This activity is visible elsewhere on Facebook but Ticker let you see this as soon as it happens.
Screenr is a web-based screen recorder used for creating instant screen casts. Using Screenr you can make videos of your desktop, edit them, share them on different social networks and websites etc. Screenr is free, it don’t need any installation.
Start recording your desktop screen:
- Go to http://www.screenr.com/
- Click the RECORD button.
- Adjust the portion to be recorded by re-sizing and moving the frame.
- Click the Red button to record.
- When you are done press ALT + D on your keyboard or Green color Done button on the page.
- Describe screenshot and click Publish.
- You can Embed the video, publich it on YouTube, download the file etc.
Check this Video Tutorial from Screenr:
Tired of writing your long Email address on Facebook login page ! Never mind, reading this tutorial you may starting logging-in to Facebook using multiple username:
Remember: There is no need for typing ISD Code or Zero before mobile number while you are logging-In to Facebook.
- First is your main Email address associated with your account.
- Second is your mobile number associated with your account. So you may login as Email: your mobile number Password: **********
- Third is your Username that you have chosen from Account Settings=>Username=>Edit. Mine is shardul.pandey so I can login to Facebook as : Email: shardul.pandey Password:**********
Facebook Password Is Not Case Sensitive
Many of you try to give strong password to your Facebook account by giving some Upper Case and some Lower Case characters. It’s useless Facebook takes all same. Facebook password is not case sensitive.
Facebook password is not case sensitive means that you can Login to your Facebook account either by Caps-Lock ON or Caps-Lock OFF and it doesn’t matter if you write some alphabets Upper Case and Some Lower Case.
If your Facebook password is opensourcebook then you can write it in many ways like as shown below:
or whatever you like.
I Just Changed Facebook Page’s Username. Now URL of Opensource Book page on Facebook is not www.facebook.com/OpenLAMPbooK but now it is www.facebook.com/opensourcebook You may also do so just follow the following steps:
- Login to your facebook account.
- On the left sidebar, just above the chat faces click the Page of which you want to change the URL.
- On the top you will see three buttons: Edit Page | Build Audience | Help
- Click Edit Page
- Form the drop-down menu select Update Info.
- On The Third line You will see Username
- On the right side of Username click Change username link
- You will seeing your old Username side by you Page name.
- Change it, type the new one and click Check Availability.
- That’s all. Save the new Username and start using it.