- You can submit your site to search engines through many resources. You may do so manually. Whatever method you choose search engine welcomes the site if your content is good.
- Search engine scans all content whenever a site is submitted. So be sure about content, it should be there in your site.
- Your site should have at least 9 posts so that search engine can get something to examine and evaluate.
- Never submit your site to same search engine more than once a month. Never let a search engine note your anxiousness.
- Always be ready to copy-paste or write a brief description of your site in about 200 words.
- Submit those categories that belong to search engine’s directory.
- Keep a list of your website’s various “addresses/URLs” .
- You can submit your site’s root directory, various categories and feeds to search engines. This expands your search coverage.
- Keep a track of what you have submitted and when to avoid random re submission.
If you need help in moving your WordPress blog to another location within your server then this tutorial is for you. If you need something else related to this then you may request that article by replying here.
- Create new directory.
- Copy all your WordPress core file to that directory.
- WordPress core files mean all those files in root directory of your WordPress blog.
- Login to your WordPress blog.
- Move to Dashboard.
- Move to Settings > General panel.
- In the text box: WordPress address URL, replace the address to the new location of your main WordPress directory.
- In the text box: Site address URL, change the address to the new location.
- Click Save but don’t try to open your blog now.
- Now move all your core WordPress files including sub-directories to new location.
- If you use Permalinks, move to the Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks panel and update your Permalink structure to your.htaccess file.
- Remember: .htaccess file lies in the root directory of your WordPress blog.
- Existing image/media links uploaded media will refer to the old folder and must be updated with the new location. Do this with the Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin, or with a search and replace tool, or do it manually in your SQL database if can. If you feel any problem then feel free to ask me here.
- Update ‘store uploads folder’ under Settings > Media or all your new uploads will continue to go into the old folder.
- Update your menus link from Appearance > Menus.
Making your website’s theme mobile compatible or installing any mobile theme for your WordPress site is good but you can also choose from different mobile apps available for WordPress blogging through smartphone.
WordPress for Android
You can use this for publishing new posts to your blog, responding to comments, getting notified and much more from you Android machine.
WordPress for iOS
iOS app lets you write posts, upload photos, edit pages, and manage comments on your blog from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
WordPress for BlackBerry
Post to your WordPress blog from your BlackBerry. Manage comments and media, upload videos and more with this BlackBerry native app.
WordPress for Nokia
Nokia app allows you to edit your existing blog content, add new posts and pages, manage comments, and more — directly from your S60 or Maemo-powered Nokia device.
WordPress for WebOS
WebOS represents a different way to blog. It uses Sliding Panels that makes managing existing content on your blog intuitive and powerful. You can use visual editor for posting content to your blog.
Best Chat Plugin: Envolve Chat
Envolve chat is a customizable chat toolbar for your website.
Best Cache Plugin: W3 Total Cache
Improve site performance and user experience via caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
Best Plugin To Syndicate Feeds to Post: FeedWordPress
FeedWordPress is an Atom/RSS aggregator for WordPress. It syndicates content from feeds that you choose into your WordPress weblog; the content it syndicates appears as a series of special posts in your WordPress posts database.
Best Sharing Plugin: Shareholic
Adds an attractive social bookmarking menu and related content widget to your posts, pages, index, or any combination of the three.
Best Page Navigation Plugin: WP-PageNavi
Replaces Older Posts & Newer Posts with more advanced paging navigation interface of page numbers.